- Course Details
Level 2 Care and Management Of Diabetes (Online)
Save as PDF
|L2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes (OL)|| || ||Bishopsfield Road (Fareham College)|| ||
Will I have to pay fees?
Learning Programmes at Level 3 and Below
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
Higher Education Courses at Level 4 and Above
The fee payable for your course is displayed in the table above and can be paid for in a number of ways:
- HE Loan
- Instalment Payment Plan
- Payment in full
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.
Information about this Course
Health & Science
There are no specific recommended prior learning
requirements for this qualification.
This qualification aims to:
Provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can
- Develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with
- Develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- Develop understanding of ongoing care and treatment of diabetes to control
blood sugar levels.
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and
Management of Diabetes, learners are required to successfully complete 4
- Unit 01 Understand diabetes
- Unit 02 Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Unit 03 Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Unit 04 Understand the treatment and management of
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the
Care and Management of Diabetes, learners must successfully demonstrate their
achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as
detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not
Please note you
can only study one online course at a time. Upon
successful completion, you can then apply for a new
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding
the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult
- Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health