- Course Details
Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
Save as PDF
|L3 Diploma in Aromatherapy||20/02/2023||26/07/2023||Bishopsfield Road (Fareham College)||£2,882.00||
Will I have to pay fees?
Learning Programmes at Level 3 and Below
School Leavers under the age of 19 do not have to pay fees on any full time courses, though may have to pay for their second year if turning 19 during their studies.
If you’re aged 19 or over you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It’s easy to apply for and you won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £27,295. Find more information on Advanced Learner Loans on our website.
If you are studying a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you may be entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income Support
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
Higher Education Courses at Level 4 and Above
The fee payable for your course is displayed in the table above and can be paid for in a number of ways:
- HE Loan
- Instalment Payment Plan
- Payment in full
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit or receive other allowances, you may be eligible to claim concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
For any questions about fees, remissions and entitlements, please contact our helpful Enrolments Team on 01329 815 200.
Information about this Course
- Ideally a qualification or a background in anatomy and
physiology or a Level 2 beauty therapy qualification.
- A good level of English is required to enable the
successful completion of the underpinning knowledge and assignment
- Applicants must have a genuine interest in holistic
therapy, enthusiasm and commitment.
- A suitability and dexterity assessment may be required.
There is a large proportion of independent and home study
(minimum/approximately 5 hours per week) and practice required (60 case
This VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy course is an
advanced training programme providing a high level of expertise and enhanced
career opportunities. It is ideal for anyone aspiring to train and practice at a
high level and is an essential skill for any holistic therapist.
Aromatherapy is based on the usage of aromatic essential
oils, to improve psychological or physical well-being. The essential oils
are extracted from the parts of herbs and plants and contain all the properties
of the plants themselves. There are several ways of applying the oils, including
adding the oils to your bath, or inhaling them, but the most popular and
effective is through massage.
You will create a portfolio of assessments and undertake
theory exams that are essential for the completion of the qualification.
Practical tuition, online learning, guidance and support will be given
throughout the course. Assignments will be completed to ensure the understanding
of underpinning knowledge.
Your study programme will consist of the following units:
- Principles and Practice of complementary
- Business practice for complementary therapies
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology for
- Provide Aromatherapy for complementary therapies
You will cover many of the following areas during the course
as part of theory or practical sessions or your own independent
- The origins, development of Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy theories
- Effects of Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy routine
- Benefits and effects of essential oils
- Clinic health and safety
- Consultation Procedures & Treatment
- Contraindications & contra-actions
- Aftercare/Home care advice
- Professional behaviours
- Equality, diversity, ethics, referrals and
It is advisable to secure work experience alongside your
qualification to further enhance your customer service